Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Last Race of the Season

We've finished up our inaugural season as a varsity team, racing at the Opening Day Windermere cup. Our Novice 8+ had a great race finishing 2nd behind Washington's first novice boat, and ahead of Washington's second novice boat. The Varsity 8 raced in the open event, dealing with some major steering issues from the fleet of boats.

I've got pictures coming tomorrow!

The women of the SU crew had an outstanding first year varsity season. The jump from club to varsity is not an easy one; the level and caliber of competition is much higher. The women of Seattle U pushed themselves to the limits, proving to everyone we belongs in division I. I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again. We surprised more than one team this year, something I know I'll never get tired of hearing.  I am so proud to be a part of this developing team, as should all of the athletes, parents, alum, family and friends. I couldn't have happened with out any of you. THANK YOU!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment